Pawscessories is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Quick Access To The Best Dog Ramps?
|Best Overall||Pawnotch Adjustable Dog Ramp|
|Runner Up||Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp|
|Best For Beds||Pet Safe CozyUp Bed Ramp for Dogs|
|Best For Cars||Weather Tech Folding Dog Ramp|
|Best For Stairs||Pet Step Original Folding Pet Ramp|
|Best For Couches (& Small Dogs)||Pet Gear Tan StRamp Pet Ramp|
Do you have a dog that needs help getting up to elevated surfaces? If so, a dog ramp may be the perfect solution!
There’s a variety of ramps on the market, made for different purposes.
Some are designed to help our furry friends get into cars or up stairs easier. While others are for helping dogs onto couches or beds.
In this article, we will cover the 7 best dog ramps for every kind of situation.
We’ll also provide a review of each one, based on their key features, what they can be used for, and what size dogs work best for them.
Whether your dog needs help getting into bed or into your car, there is sure to be a ramp perfect for them on this list!
Table of Contents
What Is The Best Dog Ramp?
Here’s my #1 picks for the best dog ramps:
- Pawnotch Adjustable Dog Ramp
- Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp
- Pet Safe CozyUp Bed Ramp for Dogs
- Weather Tech Folding Dog Ramp
- Petstep Original Folding Pet Ramp
- Pet Gear Tan StRamp Pet Ramp
- PetSafe Happy Ride Pet Ramp
The Pawnotch Adjustable Dog Ramp is our top pick for the best pet ramp overall.
This ramp is perfect for helping dogs onto beds, couches, or into cars.
This is an adjustable dog ramp made with solid wood.
When deciding on our top pick we reached out to get some veterinary advice from Dr. Littlejohn.
This checked all the boxes for safety. The only concern was with elderly dogs trying to climb up this at the high elevation.
Otherwise, this ramp will be perfect for most dogs.
It has a weight capacity of 200 pounds and comes with a ribbed traction pad to provide extra grip for your pup.
This makes it a great option for older dogs as it’s a non slip surface that will help keep them safe.
- 16″ wide by 40″ long
- Made with baltic birch wood
- Weight capacity of 200 pounds
- 1-year warranty and a USA sourced products
- Collapsible making it easy for storage (4″ tall when collapsed)
- Surface is covered in a ribbed traction pad for paw grip to avoid any slipping (non-slip)
- Fully adjustable stages of 14″, 16″, 18”, 20”, 22” and 24” (higher it goes, steeper it becomes)
Who’s This For:
This ramp is ideal for indoor use. It can be used as a dog ramp for beds, cars, couches, or any other indoor furniture.
With a weight limit of 200 pounds most dogs will be able to use this. Its extra grip features make this perfect for a senior dog as well.
This is listed on Amazon for $129.95.
Next up on our list is the Pet Gear Free Standing Ramp.
This ramp is made of blow-molded plastic and supertraX carpet tread which provides a soft and grippy feel.
The free-standing design means the ramp can support itself, and it folds down for easy portability.
It even has a weight capacity of 200 pounds!
Your dog can use this to get up on beds, couches, and even inside your car.
- Made of blow-molded plastic
- 30-day warranty
- Uses supertraX carpet tread for a soft and grippy feel (also removable for easy cleaning)
- Free-standing design (ramp supports itself)
- Folding ramp and portability
- Measures 56″ L x 16’W x 23″H
- Weight capacity of 200 pounds
- Assembly takes about 15 minutes
Who’s This For:
This ramp is designed for cars, beds, and couches.
Large dogs up to 200 pounds can use this.
This is not suited for old senior dogs as its a bit steep for them (Around 30 degrees) and it’s not adjustable.
There’s some great videos from users on amazon to get an idea of just how steep it is.
This is listed on Amazon for $136.49.
Best Dog Ramp For Beds
Is your dog getting older and can’t jump up on the bed like they used to?
The PetSafe CozyUp Bed Ramp is perfect for pets who are unable to get onto the bed.
It has a smooth climbing angle and carpeted surface that allows pets to quickly and comfortably use the ramp.
Plus, a flat landing area at the top provides confidence for dogs when moving to the bed.
You don’t have to worry about your pet not being able to get up on the bed anymore.
- Designed for dogs to get up on beds and works for old senior dogs
- Support dogs up to 120 pounds
- Come in a white or cherry wood finish
- The ramp contains a heavy-duty carpet cover for added grip
- The ramp is 70″L x 16″W x 25″H
Who’s This For:
This dog ramp is designed with getting your dog into bed!
It can be used for couches or other furniture but it works best for beds.
It’s a perfect dog ramp for dogs that are under 120 pounds. So most large dogs will be able to use this with ease.
This is listed on Amazon for $179.95.
Best Dog Ramp For Cars
Do you have a big dog that needs help getting into your car?
The Weather Tech folding dog ramp is the perfect solution.
They’re lightweight, strong and can carry dogs up to 300 pounds.
Plus, they have rubber grips on the feet to prevent the ramp from slipping and sliding.
In addition the textured rubber surface provides great traction, making it easy for your dog to walk up the ramp.
And when you’re not using it, just fold it in half and store it away with the included storage bag.
You’ll love how easy this ramp is to use – simply unfold it and place on the vehicle or surface.
- Made in the USA
- Life-time warranty
- Lightweight (16 pounds) and strong
- Can carry dogs up to 300 pounds
- Rubber feet on both ends to prevent the ramp from slipping/sliding
- Fold in half and comes with a storage bag
- Integrated carrying handles on both sides
- Easy to use – simply unfold and place on vehicle or surface
- Has a textured rubber surface for extra traction and side rails for protection
Who’s This For:
This ramp is designed for getting your dog into your car. This works for all cars (SUV’s, trucks etc.).
It’s a perfect dog ramp for all dog sizes.
This ramp could also be used on deck/porch stairs as well.
This is listed on Amazon for $164.99.
Best Dog Ramp For Stairs
The Petstep ramp is a lightweight ramp that’s easy to transport, and its soft surface provides superior traction for wet or dry conditions.
With the Petstep ramp, you can rest assured that your dog will always be able to get up stairs or into cars with ease.
This heavy-duty ramp is built to last and can even be used in pools!
- 5 year warranty
- Walk surface is made of a soft rubberized for traction in all weather conditions
- It’s 70″ L x 17″ W making it one of the least steep options of dog ramps
- Will not rust or corrode and can be cleaned with soap and water
- Universal non-slip grip fits all stairs and vehicles
- folding in half for easy storage and portability
- Made of durable composite plastic
- Can hold dogs up to 500 pounds
Who’s This For:
This ramp is mostly designed for cars and stairs. However, so people even use it as a pool ramp.
This works for all cars (SUV’s, trucks etc.).
Its also great for front porch stairs or backyard decks with stairs.
Any sized dog can use this dog ramp.
This is listed on Amazon for $159.84.
Best Dog Ramp For Couches & Small Dogs
Perhaps your dog has turned your couch or other pieces of furniture into their dog beds.
Pet Gears Tan StRamp might be just what you need.
This ramp is only 28″L and 16″H, making it perfect for smaller dogs to use to get onto couches, sofas, and other pieces of furniture.
It can even be used for getting onto beds.
If your dog is still capable of jumping this dog ramp can be the perfect height to get them onto your bed.
- SupertraX surface is made with a non-slip fabric
- Removable mat for cleaning
- Rubber grippers on the bottom keep it secure and in place (non-slip)
- There is a step 5″ from the floor to get onto the ramp
- Easily snaps together (no assembly)
- Light-weight (8.7 pounds)
- Measures 28″ L x 16″ W x 16″ H
- Weight capacity of 150 pounds
Who’s this For:
This ramp is designed to help dogs get onto couches and other pieces of furniture.
It could be used for beds but your dog may have to jump up from the top of the ramp depending on how high your bed is.
It’s a perfect dog ramp for small – medium sized dogs.
This is listed on Amazon for $79.99.
The PetSafe Happy Ride is a great pet ramp for dogs that need a little extra help getting into cars.
It’s is affordable, easy to use, and adjustable to fit most cars.
Plus, it can support up to 400 pounds so even the biggest dogs can use it.
With this ramp, they can easily get in and out without any trouble.
And with its adjustable length you can decrease the steepness depending on your dogs needs.
- Most affordable option for a dog car ramp
- Allows dogs to easily get in and out of cars
- Adjustable length ramp (39-72″ L x 17″ W x 4″ H)
- Support pets up to 400 pounds
- Weighs only 13 pounds
- High-traction surface and mini side rails
- Ramp slides inward and locks with the safety latch
- Petsafe gives a quality guarantee
Who’s This For:
This ramp is designed for cars or outdoor stairs.
It’s a perfect dog ramp for all dog sizes as it can hold up to 400 pounds.
This is listed on Amazon for $106.43.
What Is A Dog Ramp?
A dog ramp is a sloped surface that helps your furry friend get to places they may not be able to reach on their own.
This could be into the back of your SUV for road trips, up onto the bed for snuggles, or down from the couch after a nap.
There are all sorts of different ramps on the market, each with their own set of features.
You’ll want to consider things like weight capacity, slope angle, portability, and materials when making your decision.
Why Use A Dog Ramp?
If your pup is getting older or starting to show signs of joint pain, a ramp can help them avoid stairs or unnecessary jumping.
Ramps are also great for small breeds or short-legged dogs who just can’t make the jump.
Puppies and young dogs can also benefit from ramps, as they help them get used to heights and different surfaces without putting too much strain on their still-growing bodies
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Slope For A Dog Ramp?
The best slope angle will depend on what the ramp is being used for.
For example, a ramp to get into your car might have a shallower slope than one to help your dog onto the bed.
A good rule of thumb is to look for a ramp that has a slope of around 16-20 degrees. This is steep enough to be effective but not so steep that your dog will struggle to use it.
Are Dog Stairs or Ramps Better For Dogs?
This really depends on your individual dog and what their needs are.
Dog stairs, dog steps, and dog ramps are relatively similar.
They all help your dog onto things that might be out of their reach.
Elderly dogs who have issues with their joints, may be better suited for a ramp. This is because it will put less strain on their body.
However, some ramps can be too steep so selecting one that has a gentle incline that’s safety tested for older dogs is ideal.
In addition, there are examples of some dog steps that work for older dogs but usually ramps are the better choice.
On the flip side, if your dog is young and healthy, dog stairs or steeper ramps might are usually fine for them.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what’s best for your pup and their unique situation.
Other Posts You May Find Interesting: