Pawscessories is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
If you’re looking for an automatic ball launcher for your dog, you may have come across the GoDogGo Fetch Machine. This device has been on the market for a few years now and is known as one of the best automatic dog ball launchers. But is this true?
In this post, I’ll give you my honest opinion of the GoDogGo ball launcher – based on my own personal experience as well as that of other purchasers.
So, is it good or bad? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
Quick Summary Of The GoDogGo Fetch Machine
The GoDogGo Fetch Machine is an automatic ball launcher that can keep your dog entertained for hours.
Simply load the machine with tennis balls, and it will launch them at a distance of up to 30 feet. You can adjust the distance of the launch, so your dog can chase the balls to their heart’s content.
The machine also comes with a remote control, so you can turn it on and off from a distance.
Whether you have a high-energy dog who needs to burn off some steam, or a couch potato who could use some excitement in their life, the GoDogGo Fetch Machine can definitely come in handy.
GoDogGo Fetch Machine Features
There are a few things that make the GoDogGo Fetch Machine stand out from other automatic ball launchers.
First, it’s one of the only launchers that come with a remote control. This means you can turn it on and off from a distance, which is great if your dog is getting too excited or needs to take a break.
Second, the GoDogGo is rechargeable. This means you don’t have to keep buying batteries and can take it with you when you travel.
Third, and one of its most unique features is its safety arc launch. The GoDogGo launches the ball high into the air instead of straight out, which means your dog won’t get hit in the face with a flying ball if they stand in front of the launcher.
Fourth, it has a much larger area for dogs to drop balls in than others, which means your dog can learn to play fetch more easily without your help.
Fifth, it has a sensor on the front and won’t launch the ball until your dog stands off to the side or far enough away. This is another excellent safety feature to prevent your dog from getting hit by the ball.
Finally, it comes with 5 tennis balls, so you can get started right away.
GoDogGo Fetch Machine Pros & Cons
Now that we’ve gone over some of the features of the GoDogGo Fetch Machine let’s discuss the pros and cons.
- The rechargeable batteries (lithium-ion) mean you don’t have to keep buying batteries
- Safety arc launch protects your dog from getting hit in the face with a ball
- Comes with five tennis balls so you can get started right away
- The large opening makes it easy for dogs to drop balls in
- Adjustable launch distances and frequency
- Remote control included
- Some people have complained that the device is loud
- Not suitable for use indoors because of the safety arc launch
- It can be difficult for smaller dogs to use (under 30lbs)
- Some people have had trouble with the remote control
GoDogGo Fetch Machine Build & Specifications Summary
- Brand: GoDogGo
- Device: Automatic Ball Launcher
- Size(s): Large
- Weight: 8 lbs
- Dimensions L x W x H: 14 x 15 x 18 inches
- Launching Distance: 20, 30, or 40 feet
- Ball Size: Can work with mini tennis balls – 1.5-inch diameter and standard tennis balls – 2.5-inch diameter
- Warranty: Yes
- Date First Available: June 13, 2017
- Rechargeable Battery: Yes
GoDogGo Fetch Machine Distance Control
One of the great things about the GoDogGo Fetch Machine is that you can adjust the distance of the launch. This is great if you have a small dog and don’t want them to run too far or if you have a large dog needing more challenge.
It comes with a Low, Medium, and High setting for distance control found on the bottom of the device.
The GoDogGo Fetch Machine can launch balls up to 40 feet, which is similar to the max distance of other automatic dog ball launchers on the market.
An important thing to mention is whether the ball is dry or wet will affect how far it flies. If it’s wet (with slobber), the launcher won’t be able to throw it as far.
What Other Dog Owners Have To Say About The GoDogGo Fetch Machine
While the GoDogGo Fetch Machine has several positive reviews, it doesn’t have the strongest rating on Amazon when compared to other automatic dog ball launchers.
It does come with a lower price, and maybe there’s some quality left out in the toy because of that.
However, with that being said, many people have purchased this dog ball thrower and found it to be an excellent toy for their dog.
Some people have even said their dogs became addicted to playing fetch and would use it all day if they could!
As with most dog ball launchers, people mentioned it took their dog a little while to learn how to use it. Some simply prefer their human to join in on the fun and put the ball in for them.
The ability to use different ball sizes was a massive plus for many as well.
When it comes to negative reviews, they mostly spoke about the noise of the machine. However, some people also mentioned that the launcher couldn’t throw the ball far for very long.
They shared that the motor got weaker rather quickly.
Overall, the GoDogGo Fetch Machine has 3.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
GoDogGo Fetch Machine FAQs
Does The GoDogGo Fetch Machine Have a Warranty?
Yes, it comes with a 6-month limited warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Can The GoDogGo Fetch Machine Be Used Indoors?
No, it’s not recommended, as the safety arc launch could cause damage to your home.
How Many Balls Can Be Loaded Into The GoDogGo Fetch Machine?
17 standard tennis balls – 2.5″ and 23 small – 1.5″ can fit into the GoDogGo Fetch Machine.
How To Train My Dog To Use The GoDogGo?
Here are a few tips to help train your dog to use the GoDogGo:
- Use high-value treats and start with the machine off. When your dog drops the ball in, press the button to launch it and immediately give your dog a treat. Repeat this process a few times until your dog understands that dropping the ball in will result in a ball being launched.
- Once your dog is dropping the ball in consistently, you can start to increase the distance of the launch. Start with a low setting and gradually increase it as your dog gets more comfortable.
- If your dog is afraid of the noise, start by launching the ball without them being close to it. As they get more comfortable, you can move them closer until they’re standing right next to the machine.
They also have some more training tips on their website that you can check out here.
The GoDogGo Fetch Machine is a quality automatic ball launcher that’s great for dogs of all sizes. It has the ability to launch balls up to 40 feet and can be used indoors or outdoors.
It comes with a few distance settings, so you can adjust it to your dog’s needs. And it can also accommodate different ball sizes.
The GoDogGo Fetch Machine is rated decently on Amazon and is one of the more affordable automatic dog ball launchers on the market.
It’s not the right choice for people wanting a ball launcher that can work indoors as well as outdoors. Also, for people with one dog, the multiple ball loading feature isn’t really necessary, in our opinion.