Pawscessories is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Quick Access: The Best Dog Blow Dryers In 2022?
|Best Overall||Shernbao High Velocity Professional Dog Hair Dryer|
|Best Budget||SHELANDY Pet Dryer|
|Best Professional Grooming Dryer||Free Paws Dog Blow Dryer|
|Best Cage Dryer||B-Air Grizzly|
Looking for the best dog blow dryer that’ll save you hours when grooming your dog?
One that quickly dries your dog and is really easy to use? Look no further!
In this article, we will be discussing some of the best tools on the market to dry your dog.
We will be looking at the features and specs and giving you a breakdown of pricing.
So whether you are a professional groomer or are just looking for the best drying process for your pup, read on for the perfect dog blow dryer!
Table of Contents
What Are The Best Dog Blow Dryers?
To find the best dog hair dryers for your unique dog, you must consider a few things.
First, what size dog do you have? Smaller dogs will require less power and can be dried with a smaller dryer.
Conversely, large dogs will require a larger and more powerful dog dryer.
Second, what is your budget? Dog hair dryers can range from around $30 to upwards of $200.
Third, how often will you be using the dog hairdryer?
If you are a professional dog groomer, you will need a dog hair dryer that can withstand constant use.
Regardless of your situation, you’ll find the best dog hair dryers below so you can decide which is best for your pup.
Here are my top picks for the best dog blow dryers to groom your dog:
- Shernbao High-Velocity Dog Hair Dryer
- Shelandy Pet Dryer
- Free Paws Dog Hair Dryer
- Flying One High-Velocity Dog Force Dryer
- B-Air Grizzly
- Petnf Quick-Dry Dog Grooming Blower
- AIIYME Dog Hair Dryer
Tired of trying to dry your dog and it taking forever to do?
Shernbao has the perfect solution – a high-velocity professional dog grooming hair drying machine that will speed up the process by almost 50%.
It’s also safe and durable, making it an excellent investment for any pet owner.
This machine will make your life easier and keep your dog’s coat healthy.
- 1-year warranty
- Motor built with heat-resistant copper wires making it durable and safe
- Speed up your grooming by almost 50% when comparing this dog blow dryer with competitors
- Suitable for all dog types of dog coats, even ones with long hair
- Helps to remove wet dog smell quickly (It takes 10-20 minutes to blow dry smaller dogs and 15-30 minutes to blow large dogs)
- Over 2,136 reviews on Amazon with 84% rating this a 5-star product
Temperature control: Two temperature controls, 55-131°F (32-55°C)
Airflow strength: Variable speeds from 515 FPM-to 64000 FPM
Noise level: Low noise between 50-72dB (you can remove nozzle to decrease noise)
Nozzle attachments: 3 (wide, standard, cylindrical)
Length: 4ft to 8ft flexible hose
Colors: Black, Mint, pink, purple
This product is listed on Amazon for $176.00.
Looking for a powerful pet hair dryer that’s affordable?
With the Shelandy pet dryer, you can blow dry a 60-pound dog in as little as 30 minutes – which speeds up grooming!
It comes with a 1-year warranty and is the cheapest dog blow dryer on the list!
This hair dryer is built with new noise-reducing technology that makes it much quieter than other models, so pets that get afraid of loud noises won’t be as scared.
Plus, it has protectors on both the motor and heater to avoid overheating.
- 1-year warranty
- Overheat protectors on the motor and heater
- Comes built with new noise-reducing technology for pets that get afraid of loud noises
- Helps to remove wet dog smell quickly (It takes on average 30 minutes to blow dry a 60-pound dog, so it speeds up grooming quite a lot)
- Over 10,633 reviews on Amazon with 80% rating this a 5-star product
Temperature control: Two heat settings
Airflow strength: 5280 FPM-11880 FPM
Nozzle attachments: 4 (wide, standard, cylindrical, comb)
Length: Flexible hose that expands 65 inches
Colors: Blue, pink
This product is listed on Amazon for $85.00.
Best For Professional Grooming
Next up on our list is the Free Paws Dog Hair Dryer. This powerful dryer can quickly and efficiently dry your dog better than ever before.
This dryer gets the job done, but it’s also gentle on your dog’s skin.
With a 3-year warranty, free replacement parts, and extra filters, you can be sure that your pet is in good hands.
And don’t worry about the noise – it’s relatively low compared to other dryers on the market.
- 3-year warranty
- Come with a complimentary shower massage glove as well as replacement parts should you need them
- The noise level is relatively low for a dryer, but specific nozzles increase the noise
- It takes 5-10 minutes to blow dry small dogs, 15-20 minutes to blow dry large dogs, and large dogs with thick long hair take 30 minutes
- Rubberized feet to help keep in place while grooming your dog
- Over 6454 amazon reviews with over 80% rating this 5 stars
Temperature control: 3 heat settings, OFF 59-68°F, LOW 77°+, and HIGH 122°F+
Airflow strength: 4921 FPM-9842 FPM
Nozzle attachments: 5 (wide, standard, cylindrical, 21 hole comb, and 7 fingers)
Length: Can be extended 94.5 inches
Colors: Black & yellow
This product is listed on Amazon for $139.99 but is usually on sale for $109.99.
The Flying One High Velocity Dog Force Dryer was designed to dry dogs quickly and easily.
It comes with a 1-year warranty and is constructed with a steel shell and motor designed to last for years.
Plus, it reduces drying time by almost 60% compared to regular dog blow dryers.
The low-speed setting is relatively quiet, so it’s easy to get your dog comfortable with the noise before increasing power.
The dryer is easy to use and comes with a steel frame that protects the motor.
The 10 ft hose gives pet parents plenty of reach to get the job done quickly and easily.
- 1-year warranty
- Designed for all types of dog coats
- Constructed with steel shell and motor designed to last years
- Reduces drying time by almost 60% compared to regular dog blow dryers
- Low-speed setting is relatively quiet, so is easy to get your dog comfortable with the noise before increasing the power
Temperature control: 3 heat settings, off (warm air), low (81°F), high (160°F)
Airflow strength: 28000 FPM
Nozzle attachments: 2 attachments (standard and cylindrical)
Length: 10ft flexible hose
Colors: Green, pink, purple
This product is listed on Amazon for $187.00.
Best Cage Dryer
Looking for robust and durable dog dryers? One that can also function as a cage dryer?
Look no further than the B-Air Grizzly. It comes with a 5-year warranty, three different angles, and is built with a roto-molded polyethylene casing for durability.
You can use this air grizzly for up to three cages, at a grooming salons, vet facilities, home use, and for large animal drying.
And because it’s so durable, you can be sure it will last you for years to come.
- 5-year warranty
- Three different angles (45°, horizontal, and vertical)
- Built with roto-molded polyethylene casing (a very durable material to keep it from getting damaged)
- Designed for cage drying, grooming salons, vet facilities, home use, and large animal drying
- On the feet, they included rubber padding to secure the dryer to the floor
Airflow strength: 3 speeds, Low 1300 FPM, Medium 1440 FPM, and High 1720 FPM
Nozzle attachments: Doesn’t come with nozzles, you can get the duct drying kit that comes with 3 eight-foot nozzles (not included)
Colors: Black, green, turquoise
This product is listed on Amazon for $369.00 but is usually on sale for $307.08.
The Petnf quick dog hair dryer is perfect for drying your dog quickly and easily.
This dog blow dryer can do it all with two-speed airflows, two heat settings, and four nozzle attachments.
Your dog will be dried in a fraction of the time and left with a healthy shine.
The Petnf Quick-Dry Dog Grooming Blower is the perfect tool for all pet parents.
- 12-month warranty
- Low noise from the reduction barrel reduces sound and vibration
- Comfortable ergonomic handle and comes with 2 thickened filters to resist dust and sundry
- It takes 25-30 minutes to blow dry smaller dogs, 25-30 minutes to blow medium-sized dogs, and 45-60 minutes for large dogs.
Temperature control: Two heat settings, warm (85°F) and hot (131°F)
Airflow strength: Two speeds, 5720 FPM, and 11880 FPM
Nozzle attachments: 4 (standard, wide, cylindrical, and comb)
Length: 4.92ft and extends to 9.84ft
Colors: Black and blue
This product is listed on Amazon for $136.99.
The AIIYME dog hair dryer is designed to be quiet and efficient. You can quickly and efficiently dry your dog without making a mess.
It might not be the fastest dryer on this list, but it’s likely the quietest.
It’s also durable and easy to use. You can even use it in your car!
Plus with a 12 month warranty and one of the cheaper options on this list, it’s definitely worth considering.
- 12-month warranty
- This dryer can be used for grooming all dog sizes and your car
- They’ve included a noise reduction system in their design to mute the vibration and sounds coming from the dryer
- Thickened filter to resist debris, reduce machine failure and increase the service life
- It takes 15 minutes to blow dry small dogs, 20 minutes for medium-sized dogs, and 30 minutes to blow dry larger dogs
Temperature control: 86 – 158°F
Airflow strength: Adjustable speed from 4921 FPM to 14763 FPM
Sound: Under 50dB
Nozzle attachments: 4 (standard, wide, cylindrical, comb)
Length: Extends to 78 inches
Colors: Black and blue
This product is listed on Amazon for $109.99.
What Is The Best Dog Blow Dryer?
The best dog hair dryer is Shernbao High-Velocity Dog Hair Dryer.
This dog blow dryer is made with high-quality materials, and it dries your dog’s fur much quicker than all the rest.
It also comes with several different nozzle attachments so that you can groom your dog in any way you see fit.
What Is A Dog Hair Dryer?
A dog blow dryer is like a human hairdryer, but it is made specifically for dogs.
It can be used to quickly dry your dog’s fur after a bath or during the grooming process.
Dog hair dryers come in all shapes and sizes, so finding one right for your dog should not be a problem.
How To Pick The Right Dog Hair Dryer
There are many options available when it comes to dog hair dryers.
Here are the most important things to consider when deciding which one is best for your dog’s coat.
Some dog blow dryers only have one speed, while others have two or three different speed settings.
If you aren’t sure which one to get, opt for a dog hair dryer with multiple speed settings so that you can adjust the airflow as needed.
Some dog blow dryers come with both cool and warm air options, while others only have one or the other.
If your pet’s fur is thick you might benefit from having a dryer with heat settings.
That way you can speed up the process.
Dogs come in all shapes and sizes, so finding a dog hair dryer with the right nozzle attachment is important.
Some dog hair dryers come with multiple attachments while others only have one or two.
Depending on the size and coat of your dog, you might need a different attachment.
For example, if your dog has a long coat some dog blow dryers will come with comb / brush attachment that can help you reach the undercoat.
Length & Ease Of Use
Another thing to consider is how long the dryer hose can reach and how easy it is to use.
If you have a place in mind you’re going to blow dry your dog make sure to measure the hose length you’ll need to reach all around your dog.
Also make sure to always choose a flexible hose, this will make blow drying much easier.
Dog dryers range in price from around $30 to $200.
The most expensive dog hair dryer is usually the ones with more features like multiple speed and heat settings, and multiple nozzle attachments.
Dog Hair Dryers Vs. Human Hair Dryers
So which is better?
A dog dryer is better for your dog than a human hair dryer.
This is because dog blow dryers are explicitly made for dogs and their fur.
They also often come with features that make them easier to use, such as adjustable airflow settings and different nozzle attachments.
A human hair dryer doesn’t have the power and gets very hot.
This can be dangerous, and you could accidentally burn your dog’s skin.
Dog hair dryers are designed with dog safety in mind and are better for your dog than a human hair dryer.
How To Get Your Dog Comfortable With A Dog Dryer
If your dog has never been dried with a dog hair dryer before, they may be a little apprehensive at first.
The best way to get them used to it is by slowly introducing the noise and wind from the dryer. This is a process called desensitization.
Start by turning it on while they are in another room.
Let them get used to the sound it makes.
Once they seem comfortable, you can move it closer to them and start drying their fur.
It is essential to go slowly at first so that your dog does not get scared and associates the dog hair dryer with something negative.
Here is a breakdown of some steps you can take:
- Start by introducing the dog hair dryer to your dog while it is turned off. Let them sniff it and get used to it.
- Next, turn the dryer on at a distance away from your dog so that it doesn’t scare them. Let them get used to this sound.
- Once they seem comfortable with it, move it closer to them. If they get scared turn it off and try again later
- Once you’re able to reach your dog with the dog hair dryer turned on, you can now get them used to the air blowing them.
- Start by blowing their legs and work your way up. If they get scared turn it off and try again later.
This can take time for some dogs to learn. Be patient and keep at it, your dog will eventually get used to it!
Dog dryers are a great way to groom your dog quickly and easily.
They come in a variety of styles, with different features to suit your needs.
These dryers are specifically designed for dogs, with safety in mind, and are much better for your dog than a human hair dryer.
If you’re looking for the best dryer for your dog, consider the size and coat of your dog, the length of the hose, the attachments available, and the price.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post! Thank you for reading! until next time!
Other Posts You Might Find Interesting: